SERVINGS: 48 Cookies
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried raisins or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- With a stand or hand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, & white sugar together until light & fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, vanilla extract, & pumpkin purée & mix for another 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cardamom & cinnamon.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture until just combined, being sure to scrape down the sides & bottom once or twice to ensure even mixing. Fold in the pumpkin seeds & raisins or chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until dry on top & slightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool on the tray for a minute or two to set, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. Cookies will keep in an airtight container for at least a week.